- Tata Cummins Limited in India won the 13th Annual Greentech Environment Award in the silver category of the automobile sector in 2013. The award by the Greentech Foundation recognizes best practices for effective waste management and water conservation.
- Cummins named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index in 2012 for an eighth consecutive year. The index represents the top 10 percent of the world’s most sustainable companies rated by Dow Jones over a range of economic, environmental and social responsibility factors.
- In 2011, Ranjangaon plant of Cummins Generator Technologies India received a Gold Rating from Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), which is actively involved in promoting green buildings in India.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) presented Cummins India with the 11th National Award for ‘Excellence in Energy Management 2010’ for the rural electrification project.
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY AND ETHICS
- The Cummins Turbo Technologies Dewas plant bagged the Runner-Up position at the Manufacturing Today Conference and Awards for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Quality Development. Held under the aegis of Aditya Birla Group in association with Manufacturing Today (magazine partner) and other corporates, this platform is open for all manufacturing sectors in India to present their good work in 14 categories such as Sustainability, CSR, Quality Development, to name a few.
- Cummins India was ranked 29th in 2014 and 16th in 2015 on the list of ‘Best Companies for CSR in India’ by the Economic Times. This survey was conducted by the Economic Times in association with Futurescape and IIM Udaipur.
- The ‘Water Neutrality’ and ‘Model Village’ programs by Cummins were presented the ‘Best Project Award’ under Lakshya’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sparsha, consecutively in 2014 and 2015. This was part of the annual corporate confluence hosted by National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE).
- Tata Cummins – Jamshedpur, was named a silver award winner for the automotive sector at the 14th Annual Greentech Awards for 2013. This award recognizes the ‘highest level of commitment’ to environmental management and corporate responsibility.
- The Company was again named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute in 2013. The Institute evaluates companies’ commitment to ethical leadership, compliance practices and corporate responsibility. This was the sixth consecutive year Cummins was named to the list.
- Won the BG Deshmukh Award from Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA), Pune for its efforts towards Corporate Social Responsibility in 2011 and 2013.
- Cummins was named to the Civic 50, a list of companies that “best use their time, talent and resources to improve the quality of life in their local communities and beyond” in 2012. The list is compiled by Bloomberg, the National Conference on Citizenship and the Points of Light Foundation. Cummins ranked 25th on the list.
- Corporate Responsibility magazine named Cummins to its 2012 list of the world’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens. It was the 12th time in the last 13 years that the Company has been named to the list.
WORKPLACE, DIVERSITY & FINANCIAL
- Cummins India featured in the Top 10 of the ‘2016 Working Mother & AVTAR 100 Best Companies for Women in India’. With cross-industry participation of 350 corporates from across India, 100 best companies were chosen! Amongst these 100 companies, multiple initiatives towards enhancing women recruitment, retention and advancement, safety and security of women, promoting flexible working, benefits, company culture and work-life programs along with best practices for women’s career enablement and advancement, were evaluated to arrive at the final list.
- Cummins was named one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc magazine for the seventh consecutive year in 2013. Cummins ranks 15th on the list, up from 18th rank in 2012.
- Glassdoor Inc., a website that ranks employers, named Cummins to its annual list of the “Best Places to Work” in 2012. Cummins ranked 20th on the list, which is developed from anonymous employee feedback and input from employers.
- Cummins India was named Best Employer for Women in Corporate India by the WILL Forum in 2012. The Company shared the award with five other corporations, but was the only winner in the manufacturing category. WILL evaluates companies for their practices and policies for women.
- Cummins India Limited was honored with the Helen Keller award for its commitment to hiring people with disabilities (2008).
- Cummins was named to the 2012 InformationWeek 500, an annual listing of the nation's most innovative users of business technology. Cummins last received this honor in 2007. InformationWeek identifies and honors the nation's most innovative users of information technology.
- Cummins was named one of 145 “Most Honored” companies by Institutional Investor magazine in 2012. The Company was rated by buy-side and sell-side analysts participating in a survey. Almost 2,000 companies received votes. Cummins was ranked top in its category.
CUSTOMER / INDUSTRY RECOGNITION
- In 2016, Cummins India Power Systems Exports Plant received recognition from the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) National Awards (third place in Kaizen Awards and Championship Awards for the categories of ‘Safety’ and ‘Energy and Cost’), and the Frost & Sullivan India Manufacturing Excellence Award (IMEA) for 'Reduction of testing KWh per engine by 20% with respect to 2015'.
- Three Six Sigma projects won accolades at the Lean and Six Sigma Excellence Awards (LSSEA) 2016, established by the Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, and Six Sigma & Advanced Controls, USA.
- Cummins Turbo Technologies (CTT) got the Best Supplier Award from Ashok Leyland at the Suppliers Conference held in April 2013 for ‘New Product Development’. In 2012, CTT had received the award in the Best Supplier in the ‘Co-location’ category.
- Cummins Emission Solutions got the Best Supplier Award from Ashok Leyland at the Suppliers Conference held in April 2013 as ‘Best Debutant’.
- Cummins Automotive Business received the ‘Long Association Award’ for its continued support and association since 2005, by Asia Motor Works. The Business also got the ‘Tata Motors Technology and Innovation Award 2012’ for outstanding contribution in developing the CNG Series hybrid systems.
- In 2012, Cummins received the Engineering Export Promotion Council’s National Award in the category of ‘Engines, Turbines and Parts: Large Enterprize’ for the 24th successive year.
- In 2009, Cummins was adjudged a ‘Business Superbrand’ for the second time in a row. Brands are invited to participate in the Superbrands project basis their market dominance, longevity, goodwill, customer loyalty and market acceptance.